10/18/2012

The IQ Pill (Prologue)

The IQ Pill

Prologue

 
 
 White is black and black is white.
Life is death and death is life.
When you are empty, empty inside,
everything becomes nothing
and nothing tends to anything.

 

The page that lay before me was white and utterly blank, more so than the walls of my confinement. I was asked to solve a few simple questions, but my mind was empty: emptier than outer space, emptier than a banker’s heart, emptier than ever before.

Tick-Tock

As the time ticked away, my heart sped up and my hands started to sweat. They were simple logic based questions and yet my brain registered nothing. The ink on the query sheet was like scribbles that were too stationary for my supersonic mind to pick up. I rubbed my eyes and tried to focus, but nothing helped. My hands shook faster and my heart thumped louder as beads of sweat began to form on my forehead.

I felt suffocated. I felt as if an iron hand was clenching my lungs and forcing the air out as I tried and failed to let it in.

Tick-Tock

I think I was losing my battle with life, and death was creeping up on me. I saw dark at the corner of my eyes and my head spun. My throat became completely dry and I think I croaked for water. I am not certain what happened next. All I can recall is that the last sound I heard was of Time slipping by, going out of reach and pushing me toward nothingness.

Tick-Tock
Tick-Tock
Tick-Tock…

2 comments:

Good prologue....waiting for next part.
Tick Tock
Tick Tock...

Thank you for your comment! there will be weekly updates to the story!

Post a Comment